The following is a summary of the general requirements contained in the Kippens Land Use Zoning and Subdivision Regulations. This summary indicates the "General Only" for a developer. The regulations must be consulted to determine the exact requirements and applications must comply with the regulation requirements in order to be approved.

1.Subdivision means the division of any parcel of land.
2.A permit, from council, is required before any land in the Kippens Municipal Planning area can be subdivided.
3.All applications to subdivide land must be made, in writing, using Council’s “Application to Subdivide” form. All information requested on the form must be completed in order for the application to be accepted. Additional information maybe required.
4.A development permit and a building permit must be obtained for each lot, located in the subdivision, before any development may take place.
5.Council may require all the terms and conditions of a subdivision permit be met, by the developer, before and development or building permits are issued. This may include payment, to council, of any fees and levies.
6.The developer must have a qualified engineer design and prepare specifications and submit as part of the application:

7.Water supply system (including pipes, trenching, hydrants, valves, curbstops, etc.)
8.Sewage disposal system (including pipes, trenching, manholes, lift stations, etc.) where required.
9.Store drainage system (including ditches, water flow direction, culverts, destination of drainage, etc.)
10.Road system (including road profile, curbs, paving, grades, etc.)
11.All other utilities required by council to service the area applied to be subdivided and submitted as part of the application.
12.Those utilities required and approved by council must be installed and constructed by the developer to council’s satisfaction. In addition, council may require a financial surety against the standard and completion of work.
13.The roads and rights-of-way and all utilities when completed to council’s satisfaction must be transferred, at no charge, to council. Until this time, council accepts no responsibility for and will not maintain roads or other utilities.

14. The developer or owner will become liable for the water tax for each lot at the time council takes over ownership of the utilities.
15. Council may require five percent of the total area to be subdivided transferred to council, at no charge, to be used as open space.
16. The applicant may also have to obtain approvals from the Department of Health and Environment and Lands.
17. 3Subdivision permits are valid for a maximum period of two years. Council has the authority to cancel a permit if the developer does not follow the permit or if false information was submitted in the application.
18. The developer is to install a metal tracing line on the top of all plastic pipes. This is for the future location of pipe in case of a break in the system.
19. All development is subject to the “Standard Specifications for Municipal Services” as published by the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Department of Municipal and Provincial Affairs (Latest Revisions).